If you have encountered the following error during boot time:
[FAIL] Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd failed!
Then you have come to the right place.
First thing you should try is to launch it manually from terminal:
/etc/init.d/atd start
If that gives you the same error, try the following in terminal:
atd -d
If you get an error that says that the folder atjobs is missing, then this is your problem. Navigate to the location where it says the folder is missing in, and then type:
mkdir atjobs
chown [your username] *
chmod 770 *
After that try to start the service again and it should work.
atd -d
ReplyDeletecannot change to /var/spool/cron/atjobs: permission denied
please help me
Put sudo in front of the commands
Delete,, okay, I've run /etc/init.d/atd start Continues, then appeared ok starting deferred execution scheduler: atd, but why when booting always appear [FAIL] Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd failed!
DeleteDoes the folder atjobs exist for you? What I had is that it would always get erased after a restart, so atd couldnt start at boot
ReplyDeleteokay i will try
ReplyDeletealready the third time this problem appeared after I installed reconstuctor
and I always finish it with a re-install the system time linux
I can not do this thing continues
but why when I type in this command "sudo atd -d"
occurred errors like this:
sudo: Unable to stat / etc / sudoers: permission denied
thanks
I guess your account is not part of the sudoers group. Are you on an admin account?
ReplyDelete